CHRISTIE’S MYSTERIES CONTEST
1. The “Christie’s Mysteries” contest 2012 (the “Contest”) is sponsored by VisionTV, Entertainment One and Harper Collins Canada.
2. No purchase is required to enter the Contest or to win the Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes.
3. Contest opens on August 29, 2012 at 5:00pm (EST) and closes on September 26, 2012 at 5:00pm (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
4. All entries must be received on or before 5:00pm EST Oct. 2, 2012.
5. Chances of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with these Rules and Regulations during the Contest Period.
6. Entries submitted through fraudulent means or in any way tampered with, incorrect, unclear, forged, mutilated, illegible, indecipherable or mechanically reproduced may be disqualified at the sole discretion of VisionTV.
7. VisionTV is not responsible for entries lost, late, misdirected, illegible or delayed for any reason, or for any postage due.
8. All mail-in entries must be original and hand printed. No photocopies or other reproductions permitted. Each entry must be mailed in a separate envelope with sufficient postage. To be eligible for the draw, all entries must be post-marked no later than 5:00 PM ET, Sept. 26, 2012.
One valid entry per person per day is eligible. To enter and be eligible to win you must be a permanent resident of Canada, other than the province of Quebec, 19 years of age at the time of entry, and not an employee of, a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee or Board member of any division of ZoomerMedia Limited, Entertainment One, Harper Collins Canada or an employee or Board member of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies. This contest is not open to residents of the province of Quebec.
HOW TO ENTER
1. To enter fill out the online entry form provided with your name, email address, and postal code.
2. By mail to:
VisionTV, “Christie’s Mysteries Contest”, ZoomerMedia Limited – Television Division, 64 Jefferson Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6K 1Y4. Mailed entries must include entrant’s contact email address.
3. By Fax to: VisionTV, at (416) 368-9774. Please include a contact email address. Faxed entries must include entrant’s contact email address.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded consisting of eight (8) Agatha Christie novels provided by Harper Collins Canada and three (3) Agatha Christie DVD box sets provided by Entertainment One. Titles are as follows:
The Grand Tour
And Then There Were None
Hickory Dickory Dock
Murder on the Orient Express
They Do It With Mirrors
The Pale Horse
DVD BOX SETS:
Marple – The Pale Horse
Poirot – Series 6
The Agatha Christie Hour – Set 2
The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of $300.00. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitutions.
Two (2) secondary prizes will be awarded each consisting of one (1) Agatha Christie novel provided by Harper Collins Canada and one (1) Agatha Christie DVD box set provided by Entertainment One. Titles are as follows:
SECONDARY PRIZE PACKAGE #1:
BOOK: Hickory Dickory Dock
DVD BOX SET: Poirot – Series 6
SECONDARY PRIZE PACKAGE #2:
BOOK: The Pale Horse
DVD BOX SET: Marple – The Pale Horse
Secondary Prize Package #1 has an approximate retail value of $65.00 and Secondary Prize Package #2 has an approximate retail value of $55.00. The Secondary Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitutions.
GRAND PRIZE AND SECONDARY PRIZES SELECTION
1. There will be one (1) random draw conducted for the Grand Prize and two (2) random draws for the Secondary Prizes from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will be conducted by VisionTV personnel and held on or before Oct. 3, 2012 at the VisionTV offices located at 64 Jefferson Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6K 1Y4.
2. The selected entrants will be notified by email. The selected entrants must respond within 48 hours of the notification to confirm receipt of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize notification and acceptance of the prize subject to these Rules and Regulations. Failure to confirm receipt of Grand Prize or Secondary Prize notification or acceptance of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize by the stated deadline means the winner forfeits the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize will then be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random draw from all remaining eligible entries.
To be eligible to win, each entrant must correctly answer a skill-testing question.
1. In the event the Grand Prize or Secondary Prizes are not available for any reason outside the control of VisionTV, an alternative prize equal to the estimated approximate retail value of the prize will be provided.
2. By entering, you consent, whether or not you become a winner, to the contest sponsor’s (VisionTV) reproduction, publication, broadcast, use on the Internet, and any other use, without restriction and without further compensation, of your entry, as well as your name, address, voice, statements and photograph or other likeness, for advertising and publicity purposes. By entering the contest you agree to all Contest Rules and release the Sponsors, their respective affiliates, advertising or promotion agencies and all their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability arising out of or in connection with the Contest or the prize , including liability for personal injury, damages or loss, and they are not held responsible for prize use, misuse or usefulness. By entering you also agree to indemnify Sponsors and the other Releasees from and against any third party claims resulting from any use by Sponsors of your entry.
3. By entering, all entrants agree to adhere to, and abide by, these Contest Rules and Regulations. The decisions of VisionTV with respect to any Contest matter are final.
4. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and bylaws. Quebec residents are not eligible to enter the Contest.
5. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize cannot be awarded as described. Prize will only be delivered to the verified winner. All decisions of the contest judge are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsors and the other Releasees are not responsible for any problems which may arise, including but not limited to, technical malfunctions of telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses, bugs, or failure of any e-mail or fax to be received by Sponsors for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, or on the fax machine. Sponsors and the other Releasees are not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participating in the Contest. All entries become the property of VisionTV and will not be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time without prior notice, if any factor interferes with its conduct as contemplated by these Rules.
6. For winner information, please contact Henry Lees, Online Content Editor, ZoomerMedia: firstname.lastname@example.org